Dunbarton Farm is nestled at 34 Obtuse North Road in Brookfield. Set between two nature sanctuaries, this 13 room, five bedroom, four full and two half bathrooms, 4,200 square-foot home is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise.
The bride and groom maple trees still stand along the side of Obtuse Road where the original home first stood in the early 1800’s. Not to be outdone by the exterior and location of the home, the interior boasts old world charm and comfort with the desired modern amenities expected by today’s buyer.
An extra incentive to those who thrive in the country, but yearn for the city, is the 90-minute direct train commute to New York City, making it possible to seize the best of both worlds.
The original core of this home was built before 1800 and showcases the four fireplaces throughout, typifying the lifestyle of the era. In 1934, the home was relocated to its current site, made larger, and the grounds were landscaped by then-owner, silent movie actor Carlyle Blackwell.
• Master suite, with his and her bathrooms and dressing room.
• Laundry room.
• Butler’s pantry.
• Guest suite with a full bathroom and sitting room.
• Separate three car garage with plumbed plant/work room.
• A four room country cottage with two bedrooms, a full kitchen and living room.
• Renovated in 2000 and blue prints are available.
• Master bath with Jacuzzi tub, shower with rain, hand and wall shower heads.
• Guest suite with a full bathroom, including Jacuzzi tub and shower, sitting room.
• Butler’s pantry w/stainless steel counters and wine cooler.
• New exterior Cedar clapboards and Western Red Cedar trim.
• All interior trim milled to match existing trim.
• All new custom Marvin simulated divided light low E insulated windows and French doors w/wood interior trim and aluminum clad, low maintenance exterior trim.
• Certainteed Presidential Shake tri-laminate fiberglass shake roof, with a limited lifetime transferable warranty, guaranteed to resist wind/water up to 110 mph.
• All new copper pipe plumbing system in 2000.
• Two new high efficiency, oil-fired boilers installed in 2000
• Underground oil tanks removed in 2000, and replaced with two new tanks in basement.
• New water heater in 2008.
• Hydronic heating system: hot water is fed to four separate air handlers which provide forced air to the four zones in the house.
• Family room and playroom with radiant heat.
• Central air conditioning.
• Majority of the house is plaster over lathe; new construction is plaster skim coat over blueboard.
• Security system has cellular backup.
• Whole house 25kw automatic generator installed in 2006.
• Surround-sound in family room.
• Driveway repaved in 2003, resealed every two years since.
• Remote controlled electric gate.
• Cottage has propane force air heat, new in 2000.
• New water heater in cottage in 2008.
This home is listed at $999,000. For more information, contact listing agent Libby McKinney Tritschler with Al Filippone Associates at William Raveis Real Estate at 203-913-9454 or firstname.lastname@example.org.